I ate a favorite Jensen meal the other night - steamed spinach topped with slices of hard boiled egg and sprinkled with vinegar, salt, and pepper. (Not what is in the picture but close. The picture has salsa mixed in with the spinach. Gross.) It sounds weird, tastes weird, but I like it. It is comfort food. It is also a good source of protein, veggies, and is low-fat.
The concern, a small concern, is that I have never heard of anyone else eating this mixture. Oh sure, spinach salad with hard boiled egg and vinegrette dressing is common. But not steamed spinach. Is this just a weird Jensen thing, or is it a Danish tradition, or is it more common than I think?
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Spinach and Eggs
Posted by Andy at 10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your dad is weird, let's just face it.
Definitely never heard of it. But my kids might like it. (They love spinach for some weird reason.)
definately a weird something...:)
Well... I do not know if I will like it! But it is good that you have confort food sometimes! It is good for your heart!
Lorena
Post a Comment