CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Residency Graduation

Graduation day is getting closer. Only one more call day left.

This is a photo of my fellow residents in my class. It was taken by Steve Leitch. We did not plan the clothes by the way. The tall people all wore white and the 3 shorties wore solid colors on top. Funny. We are officially done with residency the last day of June but are having a graduation dinner to celebrate on June 13. I sent invitations to the parental units because I really don't think anyone else would want to come. Crystal is on the front row on the right and is Alicia Allen's older sister (married to Christopher Allen). So Crystal and I are like cousins-in-law sort-of. We have all counted on each other so much the past 3 yrs and have tried to help each other survive residency. I am fortunate to have great classmates.

Another step (almost) done, and one more starting.

Sports Medicine Fellowship in August for one year. Then, when I am 34 years old, I will finally be a working independent primary care sports medicine physician. Whew!

Lets review: 5 yrs of college, 2 yrs of masters, 4 yrs in medical school, 3 yrs in residency, 1 yr in fellowship. (And I still get mistaken for a nurse every time I walk into a patient's room.)

4 comments:

Emily said...

You look very doctor-y to me. Congrats!

Lorena said...

hahah!! A NURSE!! That is funny! Is because you are pretty and you look super young! I'm so glad that you are almost over! Congratulations on such a big step!
Love
Lorena

Kami said...

Hey, it's not a bad thing to be a nurse(coming from a nurse, you know)...but I guess when you work that hard for that long you want the recognition :) I am so glad I now have your blog address so I can keep up on you. I can't believe you are almost done, that is awesome, congrats, you will make a fabulous doctor!!! miss you and love you lots!

Zach and Shanna said...

Congrats Andy! I'm so proud of your hard work and dedication. That's pretty darn cool. Love ya!